Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It! (MEND)
Childhood healthy weights continue to be a priority in B.C. As programs are delivered we learn more about what is required to best meet the needs of B.C. children and their families. With this in mind, the Childhood Obesity Foundation is developing a new program tailored to the needs of B.C. families. This program will fit the B.C. context and be integrated with existing programs that help children and their families work towards a healthy weight and a healthier lifestyle. As a result, MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It!) is no longer being offered in B.C.
The Childhood Obesity Foundation would like to extend our sincere thanks to all of the families, staff and partners who participated and supported the MEND program across B.C.
We encourage you to see the Early Intervention Program page for updates on our progress.
Or find out more information on MEND programs in Alberta.
Looking for more information on childhood healthy weights and the supports available for BC families?
Healthy weight programs that are available to BC families include:
- Shapedown BC
- Provides a multidisciplinary, healthy lifestyles approach for families with children/teens ages 6-17 years old who have weight management issues. Physician referral required. There is no cost to participate in this program.
- For more information visit: http://www.bcchildrens.ca/our-services/clinics/shapedown-bc
- HealthLink BC Eating and Activity Program for Kids
- A telephone-based program designed to support BC children, teens and their families reach a healthy weight and improve their overall health and quality of life. Families work with a pediatric dietitian and a qualified exercise professional. The program is available to BC residents between the ages of 0-18 and their families. There is no cost to participate in the program. Both physician referrals and self-referrals are accepted.
- For more information visit: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthy-eating/healthy-weight/kids-program